The mayor receives the Sahrawi children welcomed during the summer by families of the municipality
The mayor of San Javier, José Miguel Luengo and the councilor of Social Services, Estizabal Masegosa received today at the City Hall to a group of seven Sahrawi children accompanied by the families that host them during the two summer months that They will pass in the municipality. The San Javier group, which is part of the 77 children who have arrived this summer in the Region of Murcia, It consists of six girls and a boy between 11 and 12 years old. age.
Luengo highlighted the long tradition that exists in San Javier with this summer host program through which children avoid the extreme temperatures of the desert, in addition to receiving another series of attention and public services unusual or nonexistent in the refugee camps where they live the rest of the year, he explained Fuensanta Postigo, representative of the Friendship Association and Solidarity with the Saharawi people who thanked the City Council for San Javier the maintenance of this help program. Postigo encouraged families to welcome more children for the next year with the intention to increase the group that arrives in the Region, which has reduced in recent summers.
The mayor thanked the families for the effort they make to welcome in their homes to the sharauis children, who are in San Javier from the July 2 to September 2, involving all the members of the family and valued it as an enriching experience for both parts. In this sense, one of the host mothers pronounced
- San Javier acoge la VI Marcha Solidaria contra el Cáncer el próximo domingo 30 de septiembre
- María del Mar Blanco reivindica la unidad social del "espíritu de Ermua" en la inauguración de una avenida dedicada a su hermano Miguel Ángel Blanco
- La plaza de España albergará la pista central del torneo del World Padel Tour que se celebrará en San Javier del 1 al 7 de octubre
- El IES "Mar Menor" inicia el curso de Formación Profesional con 400 alumnos y un total de siete ciclos formativos
- El Ayuntamiento destina 5000 euros a Cruz Roja Mar Menor Norte
- La biblioteca de San Javier escoge "El dolor de los demás" de MIguel Ángel Hernández para el proyecto "Un libro, una ciudad"
- La Banda Sinfónica de San Javier y la Banda de la AGA se unen en un concierto de Aniversario junto a las corales Stella Maris Björk y Santiago Apóstol
- La Pro Cofradría de Santísima Soledad del Mar Menor bendice la imagen de su Virgen obra del sevillano Alejandro Ugarte