The Community undertakes the recovery of the seabed in Los Alcázares, Los Urritas, Los Nietos and Villananitos
The Ministry of Tourism, Culture and the Environment
Ambiente reported today in the Committee of social participation of the Sea
Less of the next work to be done for the
recovery of seabed in the areas of Los Alcázares, Los
Urrutias, Los Nietos and Villananitos. The objective of this action,
which has the supervision of different research groups
integrated into the Scientific Advisory Committee of the Mar Menor,
is to recover these areas and eliminate the sediments and sludge that
were deposited due to the torrential rains of
December 2016 and January 2017.
The Minister of Tourism, Culture and the Environment Environment, Javier Celdrán, indicated that "we consider important These actions to recover seabed in areas in the We have found that a large amount of sediment was deposited. To make them, there is an important previous work of verification to be able to execute them with the greatest guarantees. These works they will be very meticulous and with a wide ecological benefit for the ecosystem, as could be demonstrated in the Albufera de Valencia ".
In particular, for these works it has been designed a way of essay that will allow to define the technique to employ using Finnish technology already used successfully in the Albufera de Valencia, and amphibious machinery. For this, it will be used a suction system that will discriminate the material to be removed and will allow extracting only what impairs the recovery of the fund marine.
In the design of this essay the Institute Murciano Agricultural Research and Development and Food (Imida) has made bathymetries with submarine drones in these areas, as well as the characterization and identification of seabed sediments and incidence on the fartet and other species, made by invethe year passed by these dates, standing at 3.04 micrograms liter, against February 22, 31, 2017. Regarding the salinity of the waters of the Mar Menor, is in 43.46 grams of salt per liter, usual at this time of year, compared to 40.33 last year caused by torrential rains.
In general, the reports and analysis of the parameters indicate that the evolution of the Mar Menor during the autumn 2017 and winter follow a trend similar to that of the same period of the previous year, but without the break caused by the torrential rains that took place in December 2016 and January of 2017. In that sense, the positive evolution of the quality of waters takes a certain advance with respect to the one experienced in 2017.
On the evolution of nutrients, it keeps the change in trend that began to be observed since the last week of June. Nitrates, nitrites and phosphorus are maintained in low levels. "The evolution of the parameters indicates that the Sea Minor remains in a delicate balance, giving symptoms of ability of response and in a better state than last year. He has recovered normal salinity and temperature values and presents values low in nutrients In addition, it should be noted that the scientists who employs underwater vehicles has detected a important recovery of the prairies of 'Prolific Caulerpa' in the southern basin of the Mar Menor ", the councilor concluded.
The competences of this Participation Committee Social of the Mar Menor are the knowledge of the state ecology of the lagoon and its evolution. In addition, this committee make assessments of the various actions necessary to the progressive improvement of the Mar Menor and its surroundings, contributing, integrating and expressing social, economic and neighborhoods.
- Pablo Pérez, estudiante de 3º de ESO, elegido presidente del Consejo Local de la Infancia y Adolescencia de San Javier
- Una mesa técnia comenzará a concretar el proyecto de un área de buceo en el entorno de Isla Grosa, en La Manga del Mar Menor
- Sergio Cepeda lleva a los institutos su proyecto deportivo y solidario a beneficio del cáncer infantil
- Resumen de los acuerdos adoptados por el Pleno de la Corporación Municipal en su sesión del miércoles 13 de febrero
- La directora general de Centros Educativos, REmedios Lajara , anuncia en San Javier mejoras en el CEIP "Ntra. Sra. de Loreto"
- La Unidad de Salud Mental de Los Arcos y la Biblioteca de San Javier se unen para acercar la salud mental a la sociedad
- Sin Límites 2019 incluye seis cimas de más de 1000 metros en la Región de Murcia
- El III Festival de TEatro Aficionado "Francisco Rubio" abre el plazo de inscripción de compañías amateur nacionales